Thursday, October 13, 2011

Figure Sculpture and Advanced Drawing

This past week was Midterms.  This drawing is from my drawing midterm.  It's about 6 feet tall by 7 feet wide.


It uses the ink and line-work I've been working with this semester, except I used charcoal instead of a carbon pencil.  The lines are rougher.



I've also made work in my Figure Sculpture class that has turned out well.  I'm no Bernini, but the figure sculpture has been something I've been enjoying.

Lately we've been working with plasticine, which is like an oil based clay.  The standing figure is built around an armature made of wire, tape, and newspaper.  This created the form that the plasticine could attach to and be supported by.  I'd say it's about 2 feet tall.




The hand is about life size.  It is made of plasticine as well, but without an armature.  It is based of of my own hand, but changed a little.




No comments:

Post a Comment